Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sandbag Training is Awesome!!!

DAY 80/90
Phase 3, Week 12, Routine -

Weight Loss Stats:
Weight 276.6 lbs - Loss 25 - %Loss 8.29%

-----------------------------------------------------

Had two amazing sandbag workouts today. For my fasted AM workout, I did sandbag tosses and sprints for 30 minutes - a great metabolic workout. It felt great! Being outdoors, a beautiful day in South Florida...I couldn't have been happier.

For my PM workout, Rob and I had an absolutely amazing sandbag workout with the heavy bag - lovingly dubbed "Big Mamma" - for over 1.5 hours! We did everything from Bear squats, shoulder squats and lunges, to Clean and Presses and more! I couldn't believe what an amazing training tool the sandbag is. There are an infinite possibility of exercises you can do and the dynamic, shifting motion of the sand makes for incredible full-body workouts. The "dead weight" nature of a heavy sandbag makes even small weights feel like they're much heavier and sandbags are also great for grip training (I can hardly make a fist after tonight's workout). And the best part? Sandbags are cheap! Where else can you get 200 pounds of resistance for only $9? This is classic Strongman training! I love it!

BIG MAMMA!!!

No comments: