Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update & Goals for Week 3

DAY 64/178
Weight Loss Stats:
Weight 241.2 lbs - Loss 60.4 - %Loss 20%

-----------------------------------------------------

Rehab was going well until last Wednesday when I experienced a slight setback. I was feeling so good, I couldn't believe it. I was seeing just how well the rehab exercises were working and I decided to push myself a little harder. Unfortunately, my back didn't like that very much and it let me know it the next morning with some very strange hip pain. I hadn't felt that before and figured it might be some form of sciatica. However, my chiropractor told me it indicated an SI joint issue. Who knows?

All I know is that it frustrated the heck out of me. I was afraid to go back to the gym for the rest of the week. Luckily the diet suffered only a minor setback last night when I caved in to cravings and made a late night dash to Checkers for one of their burgers and shakes! :0( Bad idea!

I'm tired of the yo-yo dieting and the on-again, off-again training! I'm comitted to hitting 230 lbs by the end of September and I wan't to begin a pull-up progression and all-around upper body conditioning program in earnest.

Here then, are my goals for the week:

WEIGHT LOSS

1. Weigh 237 by Monday, 9/14/09

DIET

1. NO cheat meals
2. ~2100 kcals/day
3. 1 gallon grean tea and/or water per day

PERFORMANCE

Bird Dog 5x35
Bridges 5 1.5-minute holds
Plank 5 1-minute holds

Here's my training schedule for the week:

Monday.........AM: Swim/Rehab 30 min. PM: Mobility/Cardio
Tuesday......AM: Swim/Rehab 30 min. PM: Chest/Back/Arms/Cardio
Wednesday...AM: Swim/Rehab 30 min. PM: Mobility/Cardio
Thursday.....AM: Swim/Rehab 30 min. PM: Chest/Back/Arms/Cardio
Friday...........AM: Swim/Rehab 30 min. PM: Mobility/Cardio
Saturday......AM: Swim/Rehab 30 min. PM: Chest/Back/Arms/Cardio
Sunday.........PM: Mobility/Cardio

3 comments:

Sunnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunnie said...

Hey Cuban Pete! I enjoyed reading your post.It sounds like you have made some amazing progress. WTG!I cured my plantar Fasciitis with acupuncture.I highly recommend it. Sorry about your setback but it sounds like you are back on track. Don't let little things deter your progress. You have come way too far to let anything stand in your way:) Train hard and stay focused and the results will come.

Cuban Pete said...

Thanks, Sunnie. Wow, acupunture - really? I never thought that would help, but I'll definitely give that a try. I've been considering acupuncture for my back, but I can see how that would help my feet too.

As for my injury, it is a motivator rather than an excuse. It was a signal to me that I just wasn't ready and it highlights my weak points telling me what to focus on now, in order to develop the level of fitness I seek, later. Just one more obstacle on the path to glory!!!