Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 12 - Legs & Back

DAY 12/90
Phase 1, Week 2, Routine 5
Legs & Back
Weight Loss Stats:
Weight 296.2 lbs - Loss 5.4 - %Loss 1.8%

-------------------------------------------------------

Diet was clean...training was OK today. I say, "OK", because I waited until after midnight to train (kept putting it off) and I got tired and lost focus midway through the workout. No surprise, right?

I trained legs and back but didn't meet my goal of doing the workout in full. I did manage to do about two or three more exercises than I did last week, which was a big plus.

Yet another day where I haven't lost an ounce. I can't figure this out. I investigated - again - what my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is. It's roughly 2620 calories and I multiplied this by a factor representing a "sedentary" lifestyle hoping to find the lower end of the caloric spectrum where I should be in order to lose weight. From this number, 3140, I subtracted 500 to get 2640 calories. This is very close to the 2700 calories I eat every day. What's more, though I'm sitting down most of the day, the intensity of my workouts may not qualify me as leading a "sedentary" lifestyle. So, in short, I'm eating what I should be eating to lose fat and, yet, it doesn't seem to be happening. What gives?

No comments: