Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1 - The Day Has Come!

DAY 1/90
Phase 1, Week 1, Routine 1
Chest & Back
Weight Loss Stats:
Weight 301.6 lbs - Loss 0 - %Loss 0%

After all the planning, goal-setting, and worrying, today I finally take the very first step in transforming my body and my self.

The start was anything but easy. A lot of hard work goes into following a serious fitness regimen. I got up early this morning just to weigh and pack my meals. As soon as I got home, I popped the DVD in and began the first routine in the P-90X program: Chest & Back. My goodness! I can't believe how out of shape I am. I struggled right out of the gate and it took everything I had just to finish HALF of the workout! That's OK because that's actually what I was shooting for.

Overall I'm proud of my performance on day 1. My diet was very clean except that I ate far less than I had planned for! I was aiming at eating 2700 calories and barely got to 2000! It's amazing what small, frequent meals will do to quell an appetite. I'm on a "diet" and yet I couldn't eat all of my meals today.

Speaking of "diets", for those of you with strong stomachs, I posted my week 1 pictures. I have to warn you: it's not for the faint of heart! Looking at these pictures has only reinforced my commitment to change.

No comments: