Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 3 In Review - Week 4 Goals

I'm not pleased with the way Week# 3 turned out. For starters, I hardly lost any weight and the measuring tape didn't move an iota. But just as bad is the fact I only met two of the six goals I had set for myself for the week. See below:

Week 3 Goals:

1) I will weigh 292 lbs by 1/26/09.
2) I will run/walk every day for 1 hour.
3) I will eat 6 meals a day everyday.
4) I will drink 20 oz of chilled water upon waking everyday.
5) I will complete an hour's worth of Yoga X and Plyometrics.
6) I will complete the Legs & Back workout in full.

Only goals #2 and #4 were met.

I also feel that I may not be bringing the intensity and focus necessary. The lack of focus is due mostly to poor planning, but the lack of intensity is really bothersome. Overall, I feel like I'm going through the motions and not pushing myself as hard as I could. This has to change.

Week#4 is something of a recovery week that focuses more on cardiovascular fitness, core strength, balance, and flexibility. This is meant to be a break from heavy resistance training. So, without further adieu, here are the goals for week# 4:

Week 4 Goals:

1) I will weigh 292 lbs by 2/2/09.
2) I will run/walk every day for 1 hour. I will try to jog for at least 5 minutes w/o pause.
3) I will eat 6 meals a day everyday spaced apart by at lest 2 hours.
4) I will drink 20 oz of chilled water upon waking everyday.
5) I will complete all Moving Asanas (or a modification thereof) for Yoga X.
6) I will eat fewer than 100 grams of carbs everyday.

No comments: